Fashion Designers and Celebrity QUOTES

Yves Saint Laurent Quote

Jean Cocteau Quote

We found it fun to get a small collection of cool quotes by famous fashion designers. They make you think once again what fashion is about or what it should be about. Which one is your favorite?

Coco Chanel
“There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.”

“Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.”

“Fashion fades, only style remains the same.”

“Innovation! One cannot be forever innovating. I want to create classics.”

“A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed”

Donatella Versace
“I don’t like balance. Balance is not a word you can use in Versace fashion.”

“I go from a full working day to making sure I am home for dinner with my kids. I couldn’t do that in a 10cm mini skirt but I am not going to resort to sweatpants and an old t-shirt.”

“Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.”

Miuccia Prada
“We started with this idea of doing something fancy… but with the basis of sport.”

“The mirrors reflect a sense of displacement in today’s fashion, a lack of clear vision.”

Ralph Lauren
“It’s the kind of clothes that mothers and daughters can wear, in terms of concept, … It’s not about age. It’s about taste, and it’s about lifestyle. I believe women of all ages can wear anything.”

“I don’t design clothes, I design dreams.”

Christian Dior
“The tones of gray, pale turquoise and pink will prevail.”

“Women are most fascinating between the ages of 35 and 40 after they have won a few races and know how to pace themselves. Since few women ever pass 40, maximum fascination can continue indefinitely.”

“I think that we have to be aware that people are allowed to make mistakes in their life”

Alexander McQueen
“If you ask any lady they want to be taller, they want to be slimmer, you know, and they want a waist. I’m not here to make people look like a sack of potatoes.”

Carolina Herrera
“I don’t think women need another black bag. Everybody has a black bag already, so I thought this season (needs) color.”

Roberto Cavalli
“The industrial direction is sometimes too much. We should think more about fantasy.”

“I want men to be more chic – and Japanese style has that kind of sophisticated elegance.”

Valentino Garavani
“I know what women want. They want to be beautiful.”

Vera Wang
“Ready-to-wear is what I’ve wanted to do since the beginning. … I’m not a girl who spends my life in a ballgown”

“Don’t be afraid to take time to learn. It’s good to work for other people. I worked for others for 20 years. They paid me to learn.”

Yves Saint-Laurent
“The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.”

“The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves. But for those who haven’t had the fortune of finding this happiness, I am there.”

Gianni Versace
“In the past people were born royal. Nowadays royalty comes from what you do”

Giorgio Armani
“Actually I am very glad that people can buy Armani – even if it’s a fake. I like the fact that I’m so popular around the world. “

“To create something exceptional, your mindset must be relentlessly focused on the smallest detail. ”

Karl Lagerfeld

Karl Lagerfeld
‘”I`m not a marketing person. I don`t ask myself questions. I go by instinct.”

“Beauty is also submitted to the taste of time, so a beautiful woman from the Belle Epoch is not exactly the perfect beauty of today, so beauty is something that changes with time.”

"What I've done, Coco Chanel would never have done. She would have hated it." -Karl Lagerfeld 

"I think tattoos are horrible. It's like living in a Pucci dress full-time"-Karl Lagerfeld 

"I drink Diet Coke from the minute I get up to the minute I go to bed."-Karl Lagerfeld 

"Work is making a living out of being bored."-Karl Lagerfeld 

Karl Lagerfeld On Pippa Middleton:
"Kate Middleton has a nice silhouette and she is the right girl for that boy. I like that kind of woman, I like romantic beauties. On the other hand, her sister struggles. I don't like the sister's face. She should only show her 


Karl Lagerfeld On Short Men:
"Life is not a beauty contest, some [ugly people] are great. What I hate is nasty, ugly people... the worst is ugly, short men. Women can be short, but for men it is impossible. It is something that they will not forgive in life... they are mean and they want to kill you."

Karl Lagerfeld On Women Who Object To Thin Models:
"They are fat mummies sitting with their bags of crisps in front of the television, saying that thin models are ugly".

"Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants."-Karl Lagerfeld 

"I am a kind of fashion nymphomaniac who never gets an orgasm."-Karl Lagerfeld 

"Normally, I don't recommend me for wedding dresses - they all get a divorce."-Karl Lagerfeld 

"Don't dress to kill, dress to survive."-Karl Lagerfeld 

"I have no human feelings."-Karl Lagerfeld 

"I am like a caricature of myself, and I like that. It is like a mask. And for me the Carnival of Venice lasts all year long."-Karl Lagerfeld 

"Everything I say is a joke. I am a joke myself."-Karl Lagerfeld 

Popular posts from this blog

Free printable mickey mouse birthday cards

How To Understand And Shop For Contemporary Paintings

Real vs. Fake Paco Rabanne "One Million"