Elle MacPherson Quotes



  I wanted so badly to study ballet, but it was really all about wearing the tutu... :)




For 15 years, I've been playing the same character - which is myself - and I'm bored with 'myself'. ~Elle Macpherson

I feel beautiful when I'm at peace with myself. When I'm serene, when I'm a good person, when I've been considerate of others. ~Elle Macpherson

If I have a choice between putting my kids to bed and going to a party, I'll put my kids to bed. If I have a choice of going to a restaurant or having friends round, I'll have friends round. Every time. ~Elle Macpherson

People in the fashion industry have used the press a lot more than people in the film industry, because you have nothing to sell except for the image: The image is everything. ~Elle Macpherson

I went to America on holiday when I was 17 and, before I knew it, I'd been signed up by an agency and had these obligations I didn't understand, but which I couldn't say no to. This industry chose me. But I did choose to make it fulfilling. ~Elle Macpherson

I've had two children and no surgery. My body is the result of good genes and a healthy attitude. ~Elle Macpherson

At this stage of my life it's great to be able to ask myself, what do I really like, not what am I told I should like. ~Elle Macpherson

Being a public person doesn't necessarily mean you're a piece of meat for everybody. ~Elle Macpherson

Everything I do is about women honouring themselves, treating themselves and taking care of themselves. ~Elle Macpherson

Having children is my greatest achievement. It was my savior. It switched my focus from the outside to the inside. My children are gifts, they remind me of what's important. ~Elle Macpherson

I don't believe we own our children, they're their own souls who make their own choices, we just guide and support them. ~Elle Macpherson

A few pounds show a lot on my body. But it's okay. I believe women look good with a bit of softness to them. ~Elle Macpherson

I wanted so badly to study ballet, but it was really all about wearing the tutu. ~Elle Macpherson

I've done all this stuff because it's fun. It's never been about fame. ~Elle Macpherson

I used to wear heels because I wanted to show people I wasn't ashamed of being tall. But I don't wear them any more because you don't have to wear heels to be beautiful. I can't even remember the last time I wore heels. ~Elle Macpherson

My body type wasn't fashionable when I started, but it was commercial. ~Elle Macpherson

But I do know focusing on the exterior doesn't make me happy. If I want peace and serenity, it won't be reached by getting thinner or fatter. ~Elle Macpherson

For me, just being on the cover of a magazine wasn't enough. I began to think, what value is there in doing something in which you have no creative input? ~Elle Macpherson

It's always been very clear to me that I was going to be a mother and that my purpose in life was to give life. ~Elle Macpherson

I don't look at myself in the mirror. I'll flash past a mirror in the morning to check how I'm dressed, that's it. ~Elle Macpherson

I like to make movies I like to watch. ~Elle Macpherson

As long as people want to see me in movies, and as long as I find it interesting, I'll keep working. ~Elle Macpherson

Acting and modeling have nothing to do with each other. ~Elle Macpherson

Focusing on the way I look makes me uncomfortable. I try to focus on the way I feel - I know what makes me feel better about myself. Reading my child a story makes me feel great, doing my hair nicely doesn't. ~Elle Macpherson

I eat like a horse! ~Elle Macpherson

I believe you don't fix the inside by putting something on the outside. ~Elle Macpherson

It's not vanity to feel you have a right to be beautiful. Women are taught to feel we're not good enough, that we must live up to someone else's standards. But my aim is to cherish myself as I am. ~Elle Macpherson

Popular posts from this blog

Free printable mickey mouse birthday cards

How To Understand And Shop For Contemporary Paintings

Real vs. Fake Paco Rabanne "One Million"